Setting up a SharePoint team site for your business is a fast, cost-effective way to facilitate team communication while creating a professional-looking website. SharePoint team sites come with plenty of useful out-of-the-box features. You can also customize your sites by changing their appearance and by adding functionalities without using other applications or doing any programming.
- Simply select a SharePoint site from the template gallery and customize as desired
- Easily modify pages by adding text, pictures and tables using only a Web browser—no programming experience required
- Quickly create separate sites under the main site for individual teams and projects
- Ideal for knowledge-intensive sites, service businesses and anyone requiring group or team collaboration
Whether it's sales, marketing or accounting, your teams can create a SharePoint site for their various projects, and manage them more easily and efficiently. They can also synchronize their site with MS Project Pro or integrate it with Project Server.
SharePoint ensures employees always have accurate and up-to-date information on projects, making it easier for them to share, control, and reuse this information—and make better business decisions.
Business Search Engine
Using SharePoint to organize documents makes it easy for employees to rapidly find information that would otherwise remain inaccessible on an employee local computer. SharePoint goes well beyond simple document searches, however: Employees can also quickly find users, conversations, announcements and more.
Intra / Extra / Internet
SharePoint provides everything you need to successfully create and manage an intranet website to communicate important internal information such as announcements, HR policies and corporate mission and vision statements. In a nutshell, users can easily access and share ideas, information, conversations, and schedules—around the office or around the world.
You can also create an extranet to allow external users like suppliers or distributors to access and share information with your employees through a secured and monitored system.
SharePoint even enhances communications with clients by serving as a content management system (CMS) for your customer-facing website. SharePoint makes it easy to produce a professional-looking website that will appeal to your customers—plus you can organize and edit content in a jiffy, no programming skills needed.
SharePoint allows you to create folders known as Document Libraries. These can contain any file you wish to upload, such as Word or PDF documents.
SharePoint's deep integration with Microsoft Office programs allows your team to share and collaborate using tools they are already familiar with. Here are some of the ways you can use Office programs with a SharePoint team site:
- Save documents to document libraries from Office Excel, Office Outlook, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Visio, or Office Word
- Use Microsoft Office Access or Office Excel to view and edit data stored in lists on your team site
- Synchronize your Office Outlook calendar and contact lists with your team site
- Share business plans, photos, drawings, documents and much more
- Create a Document Workspace site from Office Word
Benefits of Cloud SharePoint
- Improved Team Productivity
Connect people with the information and resources they need. Users can easily create team workspaces, coordinate calendars, organize documents, and receive important notifications and updates through announcements and alerts.
- Guarantee Information Security and Integrity
SharePoint in the cloud brings enhanced document management capabilities to ensure the integrity of documents stored on team sites: the option to require users to checkout documents before editing, the ability to view revisions to documents and restore to previous versions
- Users Stay up to Speed
User interface improvements in SharePoint include enhanced views and menus that simplify navigation within and among SharePoint sites. Integration with familiar productivity tools, including programs in the Microsoft Office system, makes it easy for users to get up to speed quickly.
- Solutions Adapted to Your Needs
While standard workspaces in hosted SharePoint are easy to implement, organizations seeking a more customized deployment can get started quickly with application templates for addressing specific business processes or sets of tasks.
- Better Use of Information
No need to run around the office looking for information. SharePoint's convenient search capabilities make finding documents on any topic easy. A simple query will tell you if the information you're looking for is already available within your business documentation.