Large numbers of organizations throughout the world use VMware Horizon to deliver virtualized desktops and applications to end users in centralized virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and RDSH-based environments. XcellHost for Horizon complements VMware Horizon 6 by simplifying the management of applications, personalization of user experience and dynamic provisioning for all virtual desktop types.
With XcellHost for Horizon, IT will now have high performance, native and ThinApp application management for both VDI and published application virtual desktop environments, while saving on costs like storage, networking and compute.
- Premium End-User Experience
A great end-user experience with a single client to access cloud-hosted virtual desktops and hosted apps from any device, anywhere.
- Simplified Desktops and Apps
Deliver virtual desktops and hosted apps in just a few clicks without the complexity of deploying and managing desktop virtualization infrastructure.
- Predictable Costs
Reduce your upfront costs and lower your desktop TCO with predictable cloud economics that enable you to move from CapEx to OpEx.
- Hybrid Cloud Flexibility
Gain flexibility with a service that lets you balance business-owned and cloud-based infrastructure to best serve your business.
- Integrated Security and Control
Use a single console for deployment and management of cloud-hosted desktops and apps and built-in security options to ensure your corporate data and applications are secure.
- Enterprise Integration
Seamlessly extend your corporate datacenter to your cloud-hosted desktops and apps and leverage corporate resources such as Active Directory, applications, and file services.
- Scales to multi-data centers, cloud and desktop as a service (DaaS)
- Supports desktop publishing with common apps across VMware VDI and RDSH
- Desktop and server provisioning to eliminate server silos
- Most effective use of non-persistent VMs including demanding power-users
Ease of Management
- Delivered as a virtual appliance for immediate setup, test and deployment
- Native installed apps and ThinApp support for department and user installed apps
- Ability to update apps by simply adding volume that contains the changes
Dynamic on-demand operation
- Instant entitlement and user personalization at login or at runtime in live VM
- Update and patch without powering down or logging out, based on policy
- Business agility and continuity by provisioning apps to any generic VM
- Single copy storage of apps for vCenter wide availability
- Minimum use of network resources, no boot storm
- Native performance with no reduction of density or scale